Cracking Mosaics - 2 Days
Sunday 14 July
& Monday 15 July
|9.30am to 3pm on both days
Anne's Studio, Whitianga
Informative, fun two-day workshop using china and tile. No previous experience is required. You will learn how to prepare various bases, which glues to use, cutting and shaping with tools, and grouting. By the end of the workshop you'll have completed a fish, heart or bird shape mosaic suitable for interior or exterior hanging.
About Anne Bowden
Anne has been mosaicing since 2003 and she especially enjoys working with china and tile. A skilled painter of china, Anne paints and fires many of the pieces in her mosaics. See Anne's work>
Anne has been involved in all six New Zealand Mosaic Art National Exhibitions, winning a number of awards, and she is a long-standing member of Mercury Bay Art Escape. An experienced mosaic tutor, Anne has been teaching the craft of mosaics for many years and she conducted workshops at the recent national mosaic exhibition.
- Tools, glues, grout, bases and some materials provided.
- Handouts to take home.
- Glass jewels or embellishments.
- Your own china (e.g. broken ornaments or crockery) though some china will be available.
- Any treasures you have been saving for mosaics.
- Notebook, apron or old clothes, and your lunch.
Anne welcomes questions.
Phone: 07 866 0032
Mobile: 021 054 6733